Since ancient times, anchors have been considered a symbol of stability and constancy. A legend is known in which a man tired of life was described. The gods were so kind to their pet that they refused him the desire to die. The elder did not give up, and the higher forces turned the sufferer into an anchor, installing an iron structure on the seashore. Soon it was overgrown with grass with bright yellow flowers. Since then, people have used it to treat various diseases. In this article, everyone will find the answer to the question of what anchors are needed for.
Description and chemical composition of the plant
Anchors (tribulus, anchor) is an annual herb that belongs to the family of double—leaved. The plant has a taproot and a thin root, as well as single flowers of bright sunny coloring. The length of the stem of the anchors with a furrowed structure reaches 10 — 60 cm . The paired-feathered leaves of tribulus have an oblong shape. The fruit of the plant is a nut with a thorn—covered shell.
The anchor has many varieties, among which there are three most famous subtaxons:
- Creeping anchors (Tribulus terrestris, Prickly vine). Grass develops best on compacted soils and sand. Shoots grow in Russia (Siberia, Altai, Caucasus), Ukraine, Moldova and Central Asia.
- The anchors are double-pointed (Tribulus bimucronatus). This species can be found on the slopes of the dunes of the Arabian Peninsula and in Israel (Eilat Mountains, Timna Valley).
- Large-winged anchors (Tribulus macropterus). The habitats of the plant are the valley of the Amu Darya River and the deserts that are located near it.
The plant contains:
- steroid glycosides (for the synthesis of hormonal drugs);
- flavonoids (for the treatment of veins and blood vessels);
- alkaloids (for the central nervous system and inhibition of neoplasm growth);
- tannins (for disinfection in skin diseases).
It also contains trace elements in the form of barium, zinc and strontium.
Useful properties, contraindications collection and storage of tribulus
The beneficial properties of tribulus will not help all people get rid of the disease. It is contraindicated in pregnancy, hypotension, pyelonephritis and allergies to the plant. It should also be remembered that anchors become poisonous in the hot days of spring and summer when there is abundant dew or after rains. In this case, their use is contraindicated for all people.
From the beginning of June to the end of August, grass is harvested in two ways. In the first case, the plant is uprooted, and in the second, its entire aboveground part is cut off. To dry the collected grass, it is laid out under a canopy on fabric or paper. The raw material layer should be loose, no more than 20 cm thick. If possible, it is better to use a special dryer.
Prickly fruits of the plant can seriously damage human skin, so the processing of raw materials should be carried out in thick gloves. Its shelf life can be 5 years when stored in a well-ventilated and dry room.
Application and folk recipes with tribulus
The plant is used in the treatment or prevention of diseases such as:
- fungal skin lesion;
Fans of Feng Shui use tribulus to attract love and prosperity to the house. To this end, they sprinkle the crushed plant on the threshold of the dwelling or hide it under the door mat.
In landscape design, anchors are used in the construction of small rocky gardens (rockeries) and the creation of ampels (plants in hanging pots, flowerpots).
In traditional medicine, creeping anchors are taken as a basis for the manufacture of the drug “Tribusponin” to normalize the level of lipids in the blood, increase the testone and treat atherosclerosis.
In folk medicine, the use of anchors creeping for men and women helps in the presence of the following diseases:
- Atherosclerosis. 1 tbsp. l. yakortsov pour 200 ml of boiling water, soak the infusion in a water bath for half an hour and filter it through several layers of gauze. Half a glass is drunk 3 times a day before meals. The duration of the infusion is determined by the attending physician, depending on the stage of development of the disease of atherosclerosis.
- Fungal skin lesion. 2 tablespoons of raw materials are infused in a glass of hot water for 20 minutes. Gauze folded three times is soaked with liquid and applied to the problem area of the skin. The healing properties of anchors in the fight against fungus will manifest after a 2-week course of treatment.
- Impotence and frigidity. To increase libido in women and men, 1 tablespoon of raw materials is steamed in 250 ml of boiling water in the evening for 40 minutes. The infusion is stored in a cold place and drunk 100 ml three times a day. Reception scheme: The healing liquid is consumed for 2 months, and then a break is taken for 2 months.
- Insomnia. The herb is used in folk medicine as a sedative. 100 g of raw materials pour 1 liter of vodka and insist for 3 weeks. The effectiveness of the creeping anchors will manifest itself in a week if you take 20 drops of the drug every morning.
- Cystitis. 100 g of dried herbs per 1 liter of dry red wine have a diuretic effect. The tincture is kept for a week, and then it is boiled over low heat for 15 minutes and taken 3 times a day for ¼ cup.
- Infertility. To stimulate sex hormones, you need to brew 200 g of raw materials in 2 liters of water, bring the liquid to a boil and simmer it for half an hour. Filtered broth is drunk 3 times a day for 1 tsp for 14 days
Anchovies are a plant that helps to increase libido in frigidity and impotence, promotes the reduction of cholesterol in the blood and strengthens human immunity. Thanks to its bright yellow colors, perfectly suitable for landscaping small gardens, it will also appeal to the creators of landscape design.
Before using homeopathic and medicinal products, it is necessary to consult with a specialist.