Pine has a powerful phytotherapeutic effect, purifies the air, has a beneficial effect on human health. The main use of pine bark is cosmetology and folk medicine. Coniferous raw materials, when properly harvested and stored, have various useful properties, eliminate many diseases and are well used in gardening.
Chemical composition and properties
According to its chemical composition, pine bark is classified by a complex of components with a high degree of biological activity. It consists of proteins, fats, trace elements, essential oils, vitamins and so on. A characteristic feature is the presence of a huge number of tannins in the composition.
Composition and medicinal properties of pine bark:
- tannins – destroy pathogenic organisms, protect the tree from various pests, because they have a tart taste;
- lignin is used in medicine, veterinary medicine as an enterosorbent, has a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora;
- resveratrol – has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties;
- pycnogenol is a natural antioxidant, a component that prevents cardiovascular pathologies;
- polysaccharides (pentosanes, hexosanes) are the main sources of energy.
The antioxidant properties of raw materials are caused by a huge content of acids, catechins, prociadins.
Additional properties of coniferous raw materials:
- prevention of respiratory pathologies;
- restoring the natural balance of vitamin C;
- elimination of inflammation in the joints due to arthritis;
- prevention of blood clots;
- reducing the risk of cataract formation;
- strengthening the immune system.
Preparations consisting of pine bark eliminate chronic fatigue, normalize blood pressure. They are used for the treatment of diabetes, are provided for recovery after a stroke.
Main uses of pine bark
It is the unique composition that makes the culture useful and curative, which is successfully used by folk and traditional medicine. It is actively used in cosmetology, landscape design, gardening.
Hexane extract used by pharmacology is obtained from pine bark by industrial methods. The drugs are sold in the form of dietary supplements. Medicines with coniferous raw materials reduce cholesterol levels.
Pine bark extract is effective for treatment and prevention:
- increased blood pressure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- pathologies of the nervous system;
- bleeding gums;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
The yellow film of young raw materials is well applied to ulcers, wounds, boils. Chewing a small piece of raw material is effective for sore throats. If you rinse with a decoction, the bleeding gums disappear.
For the manufacture of medicinal drugs, it is necessary to choose a young bark. The main thing is that there are no signs of rotting and pests.
Pine bark is used for the treatment of diseases in the form of decoctions, infusions, extracts, ointments.
Proven folk recipes:
- Cardiovascular disorders. To prepare the medicine, you will need 100 g of pine bark, and the same amount of willow bark. Grind the dry components to form a powder. Consume 1 tsp. half an hour before meals, washed down with water.
- Strengthen the vessels. Mix ½ tsp of powder with 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey. Use 1 time per day.
- Hypertension. Mix 2 tablespoons of bark in a glass container with 1 liter of vodka. Put in a darkened warm place for 21 days, shaking the container periodically. Then strain and take 1 tsp. twice a day before meals. The therapeutic course is 2 months.
- Lowering cholesterol. Dry the young pine bark, grind it with a coffee grinder. Method of use: ½ tsp. before meals once a day, with water. The course of therapy is 3 weeks. It is advisable to repeat the treatment after 10 days.
- Rheumatism, urolithiasis. It will take 20 g of raw materials and 0.5 liters of water. The composition is cooked for 30 minutes . Take 50 g 3 times a day.
- Prostatitis. Put 200 g of young bark inside the vessel, pour boiling water. Insist for 4 hours. Pour the infusion into a bath with warm water. Immerse for 15 minutes, additionally massaging the pelvic area.
Pine bark extract can be purchased at any pharmacy, sold in capsules. In addition, raw materials are effective in the presence of parasites. Exhibits an anthelmintic property.
Pine bark is used for orchids as the dominant component of the substrate. They take raw materials that have already been removed from dried felled trunks. So the resin content will be lower.
The collected bark is carefully examined, dirt, dark spots, the presence of wood and other debris are eliminated. After that, they put the pieces in a deep vessel, pour water to the top and boil for an hour.
After cooling, filter and spread on a towel. Then cut into small squares of about 1 by 1.5 cm . You can smooth out the sharp corners with your hands, wearing gloves.
Dry the raw materials in the oven for 15 minutes. Place the cooled material in paper bags.
For the substrate, pine bark is combined with sphagnum, wood or activated charcoal is added.
Pine cinnamon is used to make powder, face masks, skin cleansing scrubs, creams.
The powder has a pronounced coniferous aroma, bitter astringent taste. The biochemical composition consists of tannins, organic, galacturonic acids. The products are suitable for all skin types and ages.
Harvesting and storage
Before removing the bark of a pine tree, you should think about whether I have chosen the right culture? After all, it is important to choose natural material away from industrial enterprises, roads, where there is unpolluted, but useful air.
It is advisable to collect pine bark on a warm sunny day in summer or spring. To prepare medicinal products, choose only young trees so that the raw materials are light brown without signs of disease, rot, or pest damage. Remove the top layer by means of a sharp knife from the bottom of the barrel.
Properly prepare the measles – clean, rinse, cut into pieces and dry. To purchase the extract, using a coffee grinder, grind into powder. Large raw materials should be placed in cloth bags, and the powder should be sealed in a glass jar. Keep in a darkened, dry place. If the bark is harvested correctly, the shelf life will be 1 year.
For the use of coniferous raw materials for medicinal purposes, especially for internal use, the use of pine bark is impossible when:
- individual intolerance to the components;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- kidney pathology;
- allergies to active substances;
- children under the age of 12.
Pine bark can cause the growth of benign and malignant neoplasms.
But often drugs consisting of raw materials are well tolerated, rarely provoke side effects.
Almost all parts of the tree have medicinal qualities. The scope of pine bark is wide, it applies to most systems and organs of the human body. The main thing is to collect and prepare it in time. Therapy should be carried out strictly according to the instructions, do not exceed the prescribed doses. Natural material is also effective in landscape design, cosmetology.